If you like what you read, please this article so it reaches more deviants
For many of us, street shooters, it's the best season to go out and shoot "street".
And then come back and show what we got.
And maybe enter a neat little contest
"So, you think you can street?"
It is my great pleasure to announce
the first Official deviantArt "So you think you can street" Photography Spring Contest
which will be held from May 1st till June 15th in deviantArt site.
Everyone is welcome to enter !
1. Your entry must be a STREET photograph. If it isn't, it will be removed from the contest and you can replace it with one that it is.
2. Your entry must be submitted in a special deviantArt category which will be open from the 1st of May till the 15th of June and can be found following this path: Submit art > Category > Choose category > Contests > 2012 > So You Think You Can Street
3. You can enter the contest with ONE photograph that must have been taken from April 1st till June 15th and submitted in the "So you think you can street" category from May 1st till June 15th. If your photograph has already been submitted in the Street category, simply change its category to: Contests > 2012 > So You Think You Can Street
4. Your entry must have the minimun post-processing possible (minor adjustments in contrast and sharpness). It must be in Color or Black and White only. Tints (sepia etc.) of any kind will be disquallified. Selective coloring is out of the question. Film is very welcome.
5. If you want to have more chances to be among the winners:
Try to keep your cropping at a 3:2 ratio, landscape or portrait orientation.
Shoot street shots from close, which put one right into the action, without totally rejecting shots from far, which showcase a carefully composed scene pleasing to the eye.
Avoid beggar and homeless shots, from people who just sit still, or shots of people just passing in front of a poster. As a matter of fact, avoid "just" shots! (Just another guy, Just another pretty girl, Just another backshot, just another street musician etc.) Seek for those special moments that take place out in public places with people interacting with their environment in a special, unusual, unique way which forms a story worth telling by an image.
6. Helpful links
PROJECT EDUCATE: Street Photography Week
7. DD features are excluded from the contest.
First winner: 1 year premium subscription + 3200 points
Second winner: 6 months premium subscription + 2400 points
Third winner: 3 months premium subscription + 1600 points
1st honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
2nd honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
3d honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
*kind donations of deviantArt site
News article from the Street CV (ce moi) announcing all winners.
News articles from Street groups in dA.
Featuring journals from dA members.
Praise, fame and glory.
Spread the news by faving this article and mentioning it in your personal or group journals especially if you run a group. If you need the CSS code, please note me.
Thank you for promoting street photography in deviantArt.