For many of us, street shooters, it's the best season to go out and shoot "street".
And then come back and show what we got.
And maybe enter a neat little contest
"So, you think you can street?"
It is my great pleasure to announce
the first Official deviantArt "So you think you can street" Photography Spring Contest
which will be held from May 1st till June 15th in deviantArt site.
Everyone is welcome to enter !
1. Your entry must be a STREET photograph.
2. Your entry must be submitted in a special deviantArt category which will open on the 1st of May and can be found following this path: Submit art > Category > Choose category > Contests > 2012 > So You Think You Can Street
3. You can enter the contest with ONE photograph that must have been taken from April 1st till June 15th and submitted in the "So you think you can street" category from May 1st till June 15th.
4. Your entry must have the minimun post-processing possible (minor adjustments in contrast and sharpness). It must be in Color or Black and White only. Tints (sepia etc.) of any kind will be disquallified. Selective coloring is out of the question. Film is very welcome. Images featured as DDs are not allowed to enter the contest.
5. If you want to have more chances to be among the winners:
Try to keep your cropping at a 3:2 ratio, landscape or portrait orientation.
Shoot street shots from close, which put one right into the action, without totally rejecting shots from far, which showcase a carefully composed scene pleasing to the eye.
Avoid beggar and homeless shots, from people who just sit still, or shots of people just passing in front of a poster. As a matter of fact, avoid "just" shots! (Just another guy, Just another pretty girl, Just another backshot, just another street musician etc.) Seek for those special moments that take place out in public places with people interacting with their environment in a special, unusual, unique way which forms a story worth telling by an image.
6. Helpful links
Street Photography - The Origins
Street Photography for dummies
Street Photography for experts
Where to find Street in dA
52 Street tips from the masters
Picturetaking and photography
First winner: 1 year premium subscription + 3200 points
Second winner: 6 months premium subscription + 2400 points
Third winner: 3 months premium subscription + 1600 points
1st honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
2nd honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
3d honorable mention: 3 months premium subscription
*kind donations of deviantArt site
News article from the Street CV (ce moi) announcing all winners.
News articles from Street groups in dA.
Featuring journals from dA members.
Praise, fame and glory.
Spread the news by faving this article and mentioning it in your personal or group journals especially if you run a group. If you need the CSS code, please note me.
Thank you for promoting street photography in deviantArt.